Collins was the representative for Michigan’s 15th congressional district and was a Democrat. She served from 1993 to 1996.
She was previously the representative for Michigan’s 13th congressional district as a Democrat from 1991 to 1992.
Alleged misconduct & resolution
On Jan. 2, 1997, the House Committee on Standards of Official Conduct investigated Rose-Collins for misuse of official resources, campaign resources, and scholarship funds. On Sept. 12, 1996 11-count statement of alleged violation was adopted, but the subcommittee recommended that no further action be taken due to pending loss of jurisdiction since Rose-Collins was defeated in the August primary.
Collins is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1996 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Collins sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Collins was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 4967 (103rd): To designate the Federal building and United States courthouse in Detroit, Michigan, as the “Theodore Levin Federal Building and United States Courthouse”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Collins sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Collins’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 195 (104th): Recognizing the end of slavery in the United States, and the true ...
- H.R. 2717 (104th): To authorize the Secretary of Transportation to issue a certificate of documentation ...
- H.R. 2544 (104th): Unremunerated Work Act
- H.R. 4967 (103rd): To designate the Federal building and United States courthouse in Detroit, Michigan, ...
- H.R. 4184 (103rd): Full Employment Opportunity and Infrastructure Improvement Act of 1994
- H.R. 4187 (103rd): To amend part A of title IV of the Social Security Act ...
- H.R. 4186 (103rd): To provide demonstration grants to local governmental agencies and community-based organizations for ...
From Jan 1991 to Sep 1996, Collins missed 389 of 3,393 roll call votes, which is 11.5%. This is much worse than the median of 2.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Sep 1996. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The empire777 loginHouse and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills