Broun was the representative for Georgia’s 10th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 2007 to 2014.
Alleged misconduct & resolution
In 2014 Broun was investigated for using official resources for campaign purposes. The House Committee on Ethics published the Office of Congressional Ethics Report and Findings and the member's response. Broun lost his 2014 election.
|Jul. 31, 2014||House Office of Congressional Ethics recommended that the Committee on Ethics further review the allegation|
|Oct. 29, 2015||House Committee on Ethics published the Office of Congressional Ethics Report and Findings and the member's response.|
|Nov. 4, 2014||Broun lost reelection.|
|Jan. 2, 2015||House Committee on Ethics reported that the end of the member's term ended the committee's jurisdiction.|
Read our 2014 Report Card for Broun.
Broun is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2014 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Broun sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Broun sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (18%) Economics and Public Finance (18%) Health (18%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (15%) Armed Forces and National Security (8%) Immigration (8%) Crime and Law Enforcement (8%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (8%)
Some of Broun’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5530 (113th): To require that hunting activities be a land use in all management ...
- H.R. 5544 (113th): Low-Dose Radiation Research Act of 2014
- H.R. 5394 (113th): Department of Education Elimination Act of 2014
- H.R. 3958 (113th): Healing Our Heroes Act
- H.Res. 326 (113th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that any immigration reform ...
- H.R. 2900 (113th): Offering Patients True Individualized Options Now Act of 2013
- H.R. 2373 (113th): Jumpstarting Our Business Sector Act of 2013
From Jul 2007 to Dec 2014, Broun missed 200 of 5,616 roll call votes, which is 3.6%. This is worse than the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2014. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: